European Soccer Championship France
Between June, 10th and July 10th 2016, the European Soccer Championship will take place in France. The teams are drawn into groups and the tickets are only available via the official UEFA Ticket Platform: euro2016.tickets.uefa.com.
General information, in German language, concerning the ticket drawing is available at the website of the Austrian consumer magazine "Konsument".
During the next weeks suspicious offers for tickets will occur on various online platforms.
The European Consumer Centre Austria (ECC) already dealt with cases of faked or not delivered tickets or claims regarding fraudulent traders in the past.
To beware consumers of potential damage, ECC Austria summarized important tipps regarding a safe online ticket purchase.
Tips of the European Consumer Centre Austria
- Official outlets: Order your tickets only at the official ticket platform of the UEFA: euro2016.tickets.uefa.com
- Print documents: Print all the information about the order process and hold on to them so that you have better cards in case of a dispute. Screenshots may also be a good idea.
- Too good to be true: Do not trust exceptional or exclusive offers on the internet or ticket offers for sold-out events. Therfore: Hands off!
- Replacement Deals - yes/no: It also happens that ticket offices have miscalculated the quotas and are not able to process all orders according to the contract. In this case you are not required to accept unreasonable compensation packages (tickets in the cheapest category or even for another match), but can reclaim the purchase price.
- Credit card payment: If you have paid for the tickets by credit card and these were not delivered, please contact your credit card issuer regarding the payment in question and ask in writing - after the event date - for a refund of the ticket because of the other party’s failure to provide the agreed service.
- Law enforcement: If you have not received tickets and if recovery of the purchase price did not succeed, you’re only option is the place a complaint at the police.