Help and advice for shopping abroad
Did you as a consumer ever face problems in the following cases?
- What rights do I have when I buy a defected product abroad?
- What should I do when an airline doesn't refund the price for the ticket of an anulled flight?
- How should I react when a hotel debits more then agreed from my credit card?
- How can I find out whether a shopping website is safe?
- What should I consider when concluding a timesharing contract?
- What can I do in case of problems regarding a package travel?
- How can I find out whether the free holiday trip that I've won is without obstacles?
What can European Consumer Centres help you?
The EU-wide Network of the European Consumer Centres (ECC-Net) offers practical help regarding your purchases in other EU Member States as well as in Norway and Iceland. The help of ECC-Net is free of charge.
Find more information here: ECC-Net
The ECC-Net is supported by the European Commission. We also offer tips for your carefree vacation.
And if something still goes wrong, the ECC-Net helps you if:
- if you buy goods from or use services of a trader who is situated in another EU Member State, Norway or Iceland.
- you are a citizen or inhabitant of the EU, Iceland or Norway.
We offer you:
- Advice regarding your purchases abroad in order to avoid problems
- Help with contacting the trader in case of a complaint
- Tips for the next steps toward a solution of the dispute, if no mutual agreement is possible
The ECC-Net cannot:
- intervene if the trader is situated in your home country or outside of the EU,
- represent you before court,
- take measures to enforce legal provisions.
Ten good reasons for contacting your European Consumer Centres
- The service is free of charge!
- The ECC-Net is supported by the EU and the Member States as well as Norway and Iceland.
- You get legal advise regarding purchases in the EU, Norway and Iceland.
- You get advise before purchases or use of services in order to avoid problems.
- You get help when something goes wrong.
- We help you with contacting the trader abroad, if he does not react to your complaint.
- You get advise about further legal actions if no mutual agreement is found.
- The ECC-Net is easy to contact,
- offers effective alternatives to legal action against the trader,
- employs highly motivated consumer protection experts.