No costs for those seeking advice - the European Commission covers the costs incurred in cross-border cases within the EU area.
Conditions for the ECC to become active:
- You have already tried to reach a solution with the trading company, but have not made any progress
- You are not being represented by a lawyer or any other conciliation body in this appeal
- It is a consumer case, you are not acting as an entrepreneur and your complaint is against commercial sellers (not private individuals!)
- The problematic company has its headquarters in the EU (no American or Chinese companies, for example!)
SHORT PERSONAL CONSULTATION
by lawyers on site of the ECC
- Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(Registration not required)
CONSULTATION BY PHONE
by lawyers directly, call 01 - 588 77 - 81
- Tuesday 9 am - 1 pm
- Thursday 9 am - 1 pm
The European Consumer Centre (ECC) is located in the counselling centre of the Association for Consumer Information (VKI) in Vienna's 6th district, at Mariahilferstraße 81. The entrance is at the back of the inner courtyard of number 81, next to the entrance to the Stadtsaal Theatre.
Do not forget to bring your FFP2 mask to the consultation and please wear it when you come in!