Reach ECC Austria under 0043 - 1 - 588 77 81
- Monday to Thursday 9 am - 1 pm
Our counselling centre is closed until 7 February 2021. You can reach us by phone and online.
OPENING HOURS for on-site consultation:
- Monday from 9 am - 6 pm (currently closed due to lockdown!)
- Tuesday from 9 am - 4 pm (currently closed due to lockdown!)
- Wednesday from 9 am - 6 pm (currently closed due to lockdown!)
- Closed on Thursday
- Closed on Friday
The European Consumer Centre (ECC) is located in the Verein für Konsumenteninformation (VKI) in the 6th district of Vienna, at Mariahilferstraße 81. The entrance is at the back on the right, in the courtyard of the passage at number 81. Please announce your arrival to the reception of the VKI shop.
Appointment for on-site consultation on 01 58 877 0 from Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm, on Friday from 9 am to 2 pm.
No costs for those seeking advice - the European Commission covers the costs incurred in cross-border cases within the EU area.
Conditions for the ECC to become active:
- You have already tried to reach a solution with the trading company, but have not made any progress
- You are not being represented by a lawyer or any other conciliation body in this appeal
- It is a consumer case, you are not acting as an entrepreneur and your complaint is against commercial sellers (not private individuals!)
- The problematic company has its headquarters in the EU (no American or Chinese companies, for example!)