Main links concerning consumer protection on European level.
- European Consumer Centres Network
The network of European Consumer Centres (ECC-Net) serves EU consumers shopping for goods and services on the European market, providing them with advice on their EU consumer rights and helping them with their disputes with traders in other EU countries
- Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (Chafea)
Chafea started its activities on 1.1.2014 as the successor of the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers - EAHC. It implements EU Health Programmes, e.g. the Consumers Programme and the Better Training for Safer Food initiative
- European Commission – ECC-Net
- European Commission – Consumer Affairs
- European Commission - DG SANTE, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety
- European Commission - DG JUST, Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers
- Executive Agency for Health and Consumers
- European Commission, Representation in Austria
- European Parliament, Representation in Austria
- Citizens Signpost Service, The CSS is aimed at EU citizens who encounter problems with mobility in the European Internal Market
- FIN-NET, Financial dispute resolution network of national out-of-court complaint schemes in the European Economic Area countries
- SOLVIT, SOLVIT is an on-line problem solving network in which EU Member States work together to solve without legal proceedings problems caused by the misapplication of Internal Market law by public authorities
- Europe Direct
- European Judicial Network in civil and commercial matters
Consumer Protection in Austria
Consumer protection has a high relevance in Austria. Here you can find the main links to Austrian institutions dealing with consumer issues.
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
Another way for consumers to get help is alternative dispute resolution. There are seven sector-specific arbitration bodies in Austria (e.g. postal services, telecommunications, finances), as well as one body competent for general consumer problems.
Staatlich anerkannte Schlichtungsstellen in Österreich
More Useful Websites
Links to useful websites, like press agencies or trade register.