Infurn: Investigations of Austrian public prosecutor
The Austrian public prosecutor department investigates against one of the operators of the webshop Infurn.com. Affected consumers can complain to the police. The European Consumer Centre Austria (ECC) summarized which details need to be considered carefully.
When you ordered products from the webshop Infurn.com, either Designfurn Ltd., situated in London, or Livingdesign S.L., situated in Madrid, is stated as your contractual partner and payee.
Contractual partner Designfurn Ltd.
The public prosecutor department of Klagenfurt / Austria has initiated a judicial inquiry against unknown perpetrators / person responsible of Designfurn Ltd. in London. The inquiry has the reference number 5 Ut 115/13s.
Before you refer to the police, please check the following details:
- You placed your order from Austria.
- You received an e-mail which confirmed your order. In this mail, Designfurn Ltd. is stated as contractual partner and payee.
- The same e-mail may contain a download link for a so called “Proforma bill”. On this bill, Designfurn Ltd. is also named as contractual partner and payee.
If these facts apply to your case, please go to the next police station and file a charge of fraud against unknown perpetrators / person responsible of Designfurn Ltd. in London.
To do so, you need all documents about:
- the offer
- conclusion of the contract
- as well as every further correspondences regarding your order from Infurn.com
Your charge will be forwarded by the police to the public prosecutor department in charge. Print this article and take it with you to the police. The European Consumer Centre Austria (ECC) recommends that you point out to the police officer that a judicial inquiry already exists under the reference number 5 Ut 115/13s. In doing so, you make sure that your charge will be assigned correctly.
Contractual partner Livingdesign S.L.
If Livingdesign S.L. is named as contractual partner and payee in your mails and bills, the situation is slightly different. As far as ECC Austria is informed, no judicial inquiry against Livingdesign S.L. was initiated yet. Anyhow, the procedure of filing charges is not changing:
- Check your mail with the order confirmation as well as the “Proforma bill” for the named contractual partner.
- Collect all documents about offer, conclusion of the contract, payment and further correspondence.
- Go to the next police station and file a charge of fraud against unknown perpetrators / person responsible of Livingdesign S.L. situated in Madrid.
In this case, you can’t refer to a reference number as no inquiry exists. Nevertheless, ECC Austria recommends you to tell the police officer about the inquiry of the public prosecutor department Klagenfurt against Designfurn Ltd. and to explain that both cases deal with the webshop Infurn.com.
ECC Austria further advises consumers who are affected by Infurn to take patience. Unfortunately, no educated prediction about the outcome of these efforts can be made. So far, nobody knows if harmed consumers will be compensated or if the persons responsible will be hold to account.