Many consumers currently complain to us about several online shops for jewellry which advertise their products as free. Customers would only have to pay for "delivery and logistics".
The following websites were reported to us:
They are very similar. The imprint of "lieblings-schmuck.com" shows a company in Germany. The other two are operated by companys in Cyprus that have different names, but the same address.
No delivery or cheap goods
The consumers describe two scenarios: Some didn't receive a delivery even though they paid in advance. Others got their package but it was very cheap jewellry that didn't match the ordered products.
The Watchlist Internet also warns against those and further webshops for jewellry.
We therefore strongly advice against ordering from the above mentioned websites!
When you already ordered something, but didn't receive a delivery, we recommend the following steps:
- Declare your withdrawal from the contract and demand a refund of the payment. Do it in writing, e.g. with an e-mail with reading confirmation. You can use our sample letter, if you speak German.
- If you paid by credit card, you can ask your credit card company for a chargeback.
- If the company doesn't respond or refund, you can go to the next police station and press criminal charges.
Products are not as ordered
You received a package but the jewellry seems cheap and doesn't match the photos or product description on the website?
- Make photos of the products.
- Send a statement with the photos to the company. Declare that the product doesn't match and that you therefore demand the refund of the price within a given time period (e.g. 2-3 weeks).
- If the company doesn't reply within the given deadline or doesn't refund the money, go to the police and press charges.
If you have further questions, you can contact us.