The major football event has started and Austria is part of it. Fans have every reason to be excited: For the first time ever, the national team qualified for the European championship. A huge success and a very good reason to travel to the EURO in France in June.
Did you manage to get one of the desired tickets? Will you accompany the team to France and be part of this unique experience and atmosphere? ECC Austria collected the most important information and helpful tips for your journey.
Caution: If you didn't get a ticket from the official shop of the UEFA, ECC Austria strongly advises against buying it from another seller. Major events like the EURO usually attract fraudful traders who sell faked, overpriced or invalid tickets. The risk that you can't enter the stadium with one of those tickets is very high. ECC Austria therefore suggests that you enjoy the games relaxed at one of the many public viewing areas than expose yourself to such troubles.
Up until now, three dates of the Austrian national team are fix:
- Tuesday, 14.06.2016, 18:00 Uhr: Austria vs. Hungary - Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaux
- Saturday, 18.06.2016, 21:00 Uhr: Portugal vs. Austria – Parc de Princes, Paris
- Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 18:00 Uhr: Iceland vs. Austria – Stade de France, Saint-Denis
The first round is called group phase (10.06. – 22.06.). Those teams that can assert themselves enter the "Round of 16" (25.06. – 26.06.). After that follow the quarterfinals (30.06. – 03.07.) and semi finals (06.07. – 07.07.), before the final match on 10.07. decides, who becomes the European champion 2016.
- Detailed info and tips: Travelling to the EURO 2016
- Detailed info and tips: On site at the EURO 2016
ECC Austria wishes you a lot of fun at the EURO 2016!